Friday, March 17, 2006

Only 4 Days to Go

Well only 4 days to go. Wow. Today was the last day of work for 3 months. It was a very weird feeling but wonderful. As Lara reminded me that I won't need to find work clothes for a few months, How FUN! Let me tell you a little bit about our upcoming trip. I will be traveling with my brother Randy and sister-in law Jen. I am thrilled to have them as travel companions. Here is our itinerary:

March 22nd- Leave O'Hare at 12:02pm to Beijing (non-stop).

March 23rd- Arrive in Beijing at 3:30pm -check into hotel and eat dinner, and sleep!

March 24 and 25- Tour Beijing including Great Wall, Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City, etc.

March 26th- Fly to Wuhan, Hubei (this is the capitol city in the Province where Sophie is from), it would be like Springfield IL.

March 27th- SOPHIE DAY, the babies are brought to us at the civic office in the morning.

March 28-April 1- Get to know Sophie, shop, tour and do paperwork.

April 1st- Fly to Guangzhou (compared to our Washington DC), stay at the White Swan Hotel, where almost all the adoptive families gather.

April 2-3th- continue to do paperwork, medical visit, shop and tour.

April 4th- US consulate appointment.

April 5th- Swearing in ceremony at US consulate.

April 6th - Fly to Hong Kong, take United Flight 896 arrive in Chicago at 2:22pm. (hopefully in 1 piece after a 15 hour trip)

11 comments:

Rhonda said...

See you in Beijing!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck in China, Stacy! I meant to call you on Friday before you left so I'm really glad to see a blog I can follow. I love blogs. We'll miss you at work, but of course we are all so happy for you as well.

Have fun, and safe home!

Kirsten

Anonymous said...

Stacy:

Our prayers will be with you for a safe trip to China and back. What an exciting time for you and Sophie. We can hardly wait to meet her.

Harriet, Warren & Matthew

Anonymous said...

hey dude have a great trip
Lara

Anonymous said...

I am so exited for you. Can hardly wait to meet Sophie. HAve a great, but great time. Enjoy every second of it.
Love
Vo

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet Sophie. Neither can the rest of my family. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures over the next couple of weeks. Safe travels to everyone!
Love,
Debbie
*Don't forget to post. I'll be looking daily!

Anonymous said...

Stacy, We wish you a safe trip and can't wait to meet Sophie. Emily has been praying for you and her nightly. Happy travels, MOMMY!!!! Love, Ed, Michelle and Emily

Kim said...

Safe travels and have a great trip!! Just remember, if you like it/want it, buy it (or you can just wait another month or so and I can pick it up for you.)

See you on the 6th!

Anonymous said...

Stacy - i'm sure you are at the airport by now - safe travels, have a fantastic trip & we can't wait to meet Sophie Meii!!!
love, ileana, chris & sophie wan xin

Anonymous said...

The blog is lots of fun! I am glad we can keep track of your days and where you are headed next! Can' wait to meet Sophie! Have Fun and Enjoy the experience! Miss You! Chris

Anonymous said...

Stacy, Jenny and Randy,
Miss you guys already! Sophie is a cutie and we are so excited for you, Stacy! Stay safe and savor every minute!
Gaylon & Jan