Sunday, March 26, 2006

3 hours until we meet Sophie

Hi, everyone. It is Stacy. This is the big day. I can't believe it is here already. I am not sure of what Jen posted so it may be a repeat. The blackberry is still down, hoping for awakening later today. So let's see where to begin. We flew in from Beijing from Wuhan yesterday morning, we were delayed a bit but sat around and talked with the group. We have some wonderful families and everyone is getting along nicely. Wuhan is much greener, and looks like the more "real" China. Our guide Joanna said they call Wuhan - "Oriental Chicago" since it is by so much water, similar weather and transportation hub. We all really seem to like what we see so far. The hotel is very nice. The room is not huge, but certainly big enough, they brought in the crib last night and is all ready. Then have a food station at the bar, and changing area on the bench where you put the suitcases. It is very surreal. Had our first meeting yesterday and signed a lot of the documents. I started the tears yesterday and then had all the women in the group crying. It is very surreal to be here and only have about 3 hours left of this long journey. We are meeting at 8am for breakfast, then at 900am to take the bus to the White Rose Hotel in which the babies will be there. Sophie has about 3 1/2 hour drive this am, she was most likely just returned to the orphanage today and then driven in with the orphanage workers. The foster family will not be coming, they believe it is too emotional for the both the family and baby.

Our rep from CCAI seems to be wonderful and taking great care of us, she actually has 2 assistants. We walked to the huge grocery store yesterday, it was just amazing. I could spend the whole day there. Lots of American named products, some with a bit different flavoring like the pork bacon chips, etc. This will be our Walmart, they have everything. It is so clean. We bought a few snacks for the room, trying to find diet items in China is a bit tricky. I don't think I will be losing the weight I thought. Then we went with the Thayers to dinner at the Japanese place in the hotel it was fine, (jen can give you more details).

Randy and Jen are wonderful. They are taking great care of me, and are very excited to meet Sophie. It is very fun to be here with a group, and see this amazing thing happen to these new friends that we met.

I love the comments. Please keep them going. Remember to sign you name if you sign anomoymous. Let us know what is going on with you either on comments or batdruck@aol.com
I am the business center (tried at 5am since I was awake but not open until 7am).

It is hard for me to put into words of what I am feeling right now, but so excited and nervous. We promise to post pictures of Sophie as soon as possible. Miss you. Love, Stacy

Please excuse all grammar and spelling errors.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy:

What an incredible day - one that you will remember and celebrate forever. You and your daughter are in our thoughts.

Harriet

Anonymous said...

We are soooooo excited! The pictures are great. We are all with you on your meeting of your daughter. Can hardly wait for the next entry about SOPHIE!!!!!!!
Gaylon and Jan Williams
P.S. Randy looks like a native of China in the rickashaw>>>>>>

Anonymous said...

Stacy,

I can't believe it is almost time. I couldn't keep the tears back when I read your post. I am thinking of you. Best wishes. I have my mom following along too!! You look so great!

Chris K.

Anonymous said...

Stacy- I am enjoying keeping up to date on your amzing journey-(I feel like we are there again and can hardly believe it was over one year ago!!) What an exciting time I am so excited and happy for you I can't wait to meet Sophie and Emily is anxious too!!! I know what a super mom you will be (actually by the time you read this I am sure Sophie will be with you and getting to find out for herself finally. Take care and congrats on being a mom-love the Andersons PS: I think you will like Cow Bridge once you get to The White Swan it is a great Thai Resturant down the road form that hotel.

Anonymous said...

hello over there. this is kelsey and the rest of the family. we are in arizona at the moment and about every 5 min we check dads little blackberry-ish thing to see if u guys have updated. its pretty exciting. we all cannot wait for pictues and to meet her on the 6th. it sounds like you guys are having lots of fun and seeing a lot. nothing else new here. kathy and vern say hello. can't wait to see you guys soon
much love
kelsey and family

Anonymous said...

DEAR STACY,
WE CANNOT WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE
SOPHIE IN YOUR ARMS. IT IS SO
EMOTIONAL FOR ME, I CAN'T IMAGINE
HOW EMOTIONAL IT HAS TO BE FOR YOU.
WE ARE SO HAPPY AND EXITED. PLEASE
CALL AND SEND PICTURES. WE HAVE
BEEN THINKING ABOUT YOU ALL DAY.
LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU.
MOM AND DAD

Anonymous said...

the waiting is driving us crazy!! we can't wait to see some pics of mom and daughter. i can't believe the day has finally arrived.
We Love You,
Lara, joe, chase and margaux

Anonymous said...

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

Congratulations, MOM!

Laurie and Julia Rose Honghui

Anonymous said...

Stacy, Thank you for the bday wishes!!! As I'm reading this wonderful news and crying with tears of joy, Ed is asking what is wrong. We can't wait to see and hear all about Sophie and you, MOMMY!!!!!! What an incredible day!!! One we all will remember and keep so dear in our hearts. Sophie is blessed to have you for her mother. Talk real soon. Love with many hugs and kisses, Ed, Michelle and Emily

Anonymous said...

Welcome Sophie!!! It is great to go trough every step withyou guys. I look forward to see any new post. And reading others coments made me think that when Sophie grow up and read everything she will realize how much LOVE, from everywhere, involved her adoption. I am sure she will make you very happy. This is a real labor of LOVE! CONGRATULATIONS!!! For both of you. Stacy,I have no doubts you will be a great mom.
Love,Love and more Love
Vo

Anonymous said...

just wondering how Sophie is going to rate Nana's meals. Maybe she will create the "matzo scale" . Nana's chicken soup... 5 matzos; the fish balls .... 2 matzos; Nana's kishqui... 5 matzos.
As you can see I have a lot of free time on my hands.
Love Vo