Monday, June 12, 2006

A New Chapter in our LIfe- Going back to Work

Today was my first day back at work after 12 wonderful weeks off. It was not so easy going back. It felt very weird to be back. On one hand it felt very different knowing that I had a little one at home, and on the other hand it felt very much the same and comfortable. My parents watched her today and did a wonderful job with her. She went out for lunch with her Aunt Lara, and cousins Margaux and Chase. My Dad even did the lawn work. They must have tired her out because she went to bed very easily, without her recent behavior of standing and screaming in her crib.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank all our wonderful friends and family. It has truly been an amazing out-pouring of love and support for the two of us, and we are so thankful! Thank you for all the fun visits and very generous gifts. We have had such a wonderful time. Sophie is a remarkable little girl, thank you for helping to make her life so special. I love being Sophie’s Mom.

Her MRI came back normal today, it is very nice to work in a hospital and know so many people to help interpret the results quickly. I will try to post new pictures every few weeks and keep you up to date on Sophie’s development and adventures.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Gosh, she looks so great in orange! Her signature color. I thought of you both a lot today. So glad to hear the first day back went so well.

Anonymous said...

HI,

Thanks for visiting me at work the other day. Everyone is still talking about her. I am glad the MRI was normal, what great news! I am glad your first days at work are going well. Talk to you soon.

Chris K.